1. Go outdoors: Come on you are in South and in Texas. Think big. Load your SUV with camping gear and go out for hunting, a trip to a nearby village, rent a cabin at a forest, do camping at national park, catch fishes overnight, live in a tent, grill and wine all night.
2. Visit local events and festivals: When was the last time you saw cowboys and horses. If it is time for the Rodeo, visit Rodeo. Also almost through out the year you will have some festival going on in Houston area.
3. Board on a spaceship: You are in Houston, the world’s capital of space journey. Visit NASA as often as you can.
4. Go local outdoors: Houston got plenty of parks and local outdoor places. Visit Houston Zoo, Hermann Park, Memorial Park, Sam Houston Park etc. List is endless.
5. Visit Galveston: Time to go to beach. Go to Galveston. Just 35 minutes drive from Houston. Galveston got some good beaches and excellent food. Galveston also has Moody Garden.
6. Visit Museums: Houston has got lot many museums. If you are looking for an intellectual time pass visit San Jacinto Museum, Holocaust Museum, Heritage Society Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Museum of Natural Science and lot many other museums.
7. Go Shopping: Enjoy shopping at Galleria, Rice Village, River Oaks center. Also visit Harwin Drive to see some excellent hand made carpets sold exclusive by small retailers.
8. Dining: Houston is a diner’s paradise. You can get food of all cuisines in all possible rates. I think Houston is the only place in whole country where you can get buffet for as low as $4.95 Enjoy grilled food. You are in south.
9. Live Shows: Visit The Houston Ballets. Go to Houston’s Theater District. You can catch live shows at The Miller Outdoor Theater as well.
10. Night Life: Houston got an excellent night life. A drive on Westheimer Drive or Richmond and you will come across lot many night clubs, pubs and bars.